Thursday, June 5, 2008

The last few hours before labor and delivery / Die letzten Stunden bevor der Geburt

Hello everyone,

Finally after 39 weeks of pregnancy, I will give birth to our little Babyboy Anthony Livio Cedraschi-Ahmed. Last Monday I had an appointment with the OB/GYN that is suposed to deliver our Baby. It was a routine check up with surprising news, the doctor told me that I was already 2 cm dilated and that he is able to feel the Baby's head. I was so close to tears, finally the moment we all have been waiting for seems so close. I was getting a little affraid and I felt like the luckiest person in the world at the same time... Okay now we have Thursday morning 5:30 am and he still doesn't seem to come out. Well I have an appointment now at 6 am with the hospital to induce the labor. What basically means I am just a few hours (okay maybe more then just a few) a way from giving birth to my Baby. But he for sure will be here by tonight. So, after telling you the news I really need to hurry up now, I'll be back with some pictures and the whole story about my labor and delivery by early next week.


Hallo alle zusammen,

Endlich nach 39 Wochen schwangerschaft werde ich unseren Sohn Anthony Livio Cedraschi-Ahmed zur Welt bringen. Letzten Montag hatte ich einen Termin mit dem Gynekologen der mein Kind zur welt bringen soll. Es war ein routine Termin mit ueberaschenden Neuigkeiten, der Artzt teilte mir mit das ich schon 2 cm geoeffnet habe und er den Kopf des Kindes spuehrt. Ich war den Traenen nah, endlich ist der Moment gekommen auf den wir alle gewartet haben. Ich bin ein wenig aengstlich geworden und zur selben Zeit fuehlte ich mich wie die gluecklichste Person auf der Welt... Okay nun haben wir Donnerstag 5:30 am morgen (amerikanische Zeit) und es scheint als ob er immer noch nicht heraus kommen moechte. Okay ich habe nun einen Termin um 6 Uhr am morgen mit dem Spital um die Geburt einzuleiten. Was grundsaetzlich heisst das ich nur noch ein paar Stunden (okay vielleicht ein wenig mehr als nur ein paar Stunden) davon empfernt bin mein Baby zu gebaehren. Aber bis heute Abend wird er sicherlich das Licht der Welt erblicken. Nun nach dem ich euch die Neuigkeiten mitgeteilt habe muss ich jetzt wirklich gas geben, ich werde anfangs naechste Woche mit Bildern und der ganzen Geschichte der Geburt zurueck sein.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

As his grandmother, I am VERY excited to be able to be there for the delivery. I am about to head to the hospital right now and am so excited to meet my first grandchild for the very first time. I am all a-flutter like I am meeting some head of state or something.

This little guy is the most important person in the world to me (sorry Paul, Riccarda, and Kathryn....you've been pushed aside for a littler, cuter descendant of me).

Of all the things that I can leave behind in this world when I eventually go, this precious little guy is my masterpiece.

'Course I still love y'all, but he's my fav-O-rite....LOL. You'll understand if and when you get to this stage of life.

Love to Riccarda and Sidi and CONGRATULATIONS to you both!

Thorny Rose said...

Your baby is so sweet. God bless y9ou and your fammily.
Janis